Fortunately, there are simple ways to protect your house against flooding and water seepage. This way you prevent a lot of water damage.
- Clean your gutters. If your rain gutter is clogged, rainwater does not pass through the drain, but finds other ways.
- Is your home situated low and can water pour in during heavy rainfall? Ensure good drainage and keep your sewer gates clean.
- Do you have a basement? Then place all your belongings at least seven centimeters off the ground (brick height).
- Do the same thing with the furniture in your living room if necessary.
- Always have a supply of sandbags at hand.
Prevent hail damage
- Park your car in a garage or under a roof.
- If you do need to park your car outside, protect it with a thick blanket.
- Protect roof domes with a thick blanket or old carpet.
- Leave your swimming pool shutter open instead of closed.